- Single-Use EPA (peroxide free)
- Single-Use Timnodonic Acid (peroxide free)
- Specially formulated Single-Use Eicosapentaenoic Acid (peroxide free) for use in cell culture or other in vitro experiments
- Peroxide free and sealed under argon to maintain product integrity
- Each pack contains 10 single-use ampules (>1 ml fatty acid at 500 µg/ml in ethanol)
Single-use eicosapentaenoic (peroxide free) consists of 10 sealed ampules, each containing >1 ml of ethanolic solution of fatty acid at a concentration of 500 µg/ml. Peroxides were removed by silicic acid chromatography. The headspace in each ampule is purged with argon. Single-use polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) are intended for analytical and research applications where absence of oxidized adducts is desired. Ampules have been optimized for one-time use. For best results, use promptly after opening.
Eicosapentaenoic acid (Item No. 90110
) is an ω-3 fatty acid abundantly available in marine organisms. PUFAs, including eicosapentaenoic acid, oxidize spontaneously on exposure to room air, yielding a complex mixture of fatty acid peroxides. Oxidation of PUFAs can be particularly problematic in samples stored in capped vials for prolonged periods, even at low temperatures. These single-use ampules are designed to circumvent this issue.