|2 x 96 wells||$219.00||0.00|
Pricing updated 2018-12-19. Prices are subject to change without notice.
Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is a member of the heme peroxidase superfamily and is stored within the azurophilic granules of leukocytes.1 MPO is found within circulating neutrophils, monocytes, and some tissue macrophages.2 A unique activity of MPO is its ability to use chloride as a cosubstrate with hydrogen peroxide to generate chlorinating oxidants such as hypochlorous acid, a potent antimicrobial agent.3 Recently, evidence has emerged that MPO-
Warning - this product is not for human or veterinary use.
View the Cayman Structure Database for chemical structure definitions for many Cayman products
Provide batch numbers separated by commas to download or request available product inserts, QC sheets, certificates of analysis, data pack, and GC-MS data.
Yamada, M., and Kurahashi, K. Regulation of myeloperoxidase gene expression during differentiation of human myeloid leukemia HL-
2. Schultz, J., and Kaminker, K. Myeloperoxidase of the leucocyte of normal human blood.1 I. Content and localization Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 96, 465-467 (1962).
3. Harrison, J.E., and Schultz, J. Studies on the chlorinating activity of myeloperoxidase The Journal of Biological Chemisty 251(5), 1371-1374 (1976).
Podrez, E.A., Abu-
5. Zhang, R., Brennan, M.L., Fu, X., et al. Association between myeloperoxidase levels and risk of coronary artery disease Journal of the American Medical Association 286(17), 2136-2142 (2001).
6. Malle, E., Furtmüller, P.G., Sattler, W., et al. Myeloperoxidase: A target for new drug development? British Journal of Pharmacology 152, 838-854 (2007).
7. Setsukinai, K.i., Urano, Y., Kakinuma, K., et al. Development of novel fluorescence probes that can reliably detect reactive oxygen species and distinguish specific species J. Biol. Chem. 278(5), 3170-3175 (2003).
Tao, L., Xu, M., Dai, X., et al. Polypharmacological profiles underlying the antitumor property of Salvia miltiorrhiza root (Danshen) interfering with NOX-